About the conference
A flagship event in AusIMM’s calendar, the Underground Operators (UGOPS) conference will return again in 2020. Bringing together mining engineers, mine operators, technical service managers and consultants, UGOPS sets the benchmark for sharing underground operational experiences and industry best practice.
With deposits getting deeper or lower in grade, there is increased pressure to find smarter and more cost-effective ways to extract orebodies. With key discussion topics for UGOPS 2020 centred around the evolution of digital technologies, automation and artificial intelligence and how these innovations are making it possible to mine at greater depths and lower grades.
The conference will feature: selected technical papers with a strong operational focus, mine tours to see how other operations work and specialised workshops providing additional professional development opportunities.
- Process transformation – Operators are encouraged to share case studies on how the traditional processes have changed on their site and what impact that has had to safety, productivity, the workforce.
- Innovative mining methods and practices – Operators can showcase their case studies on their operation’s innovation.
- Impacts of change on your workforce – What is the human impact in this revolution? Authors are encouraged to provide examples of how they have navigated the changes in their personnel’s skills, organisational culture and working environment to implement change.
- Health and safety – Operators are encouraged to share their stories about how the health and safety landscape is changing and how they are implementing and managing those changes.
- Collaboration between suppliers, operations and alternative industries – Operators are encouraged to share their experiences with collaboration on projects with traditional suppliers and alternative industries to solve their challenges.
- Navigating social licence – What are your challenges with your local communities? How does your underground mine impact on the community? Operators can share their experiences through case study to the mining industry.
- Revolutionising the traditional mine – How has digital technology broken down the barriers within the mining operation?
- Measuring performance – Operators are encouraged to share their experiences in measuring project performance, what do you measure and what is consider success?
All AusIMM conferences feature
Your chance to engage with industry peers and international companies
Presentations by leading industry figures with opportunities to interact
A truly global gathering of resource industry professionals
Attend world-class workshops and technical talks to earn PD hours