Call for Volunteers29 January 2020
The AusIMM is on the lookout for multiple enthusiastic individuals to join their team as Event Volunteers at our upcoming Underground Operators Conference 2020. The conference will be held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre from Wednesday 25 – Friday 27 March.
As a volunteer, you will be required to:
- Provide service at the registration desk and assist delegates with collecting their name badge and conference materials
- Scan delegates into social functions, workshops and sessions as required
- Usher delegates to and from session and exhibition rooms and general hosting duties
- Microphone duty for Q&A in the sessions
- Capture photos of speakers in the sessions
- Assist in the general logistics/administration of the conference
We are looking for motivated, confident and articulate applicants who possess excellent verbal skills, with strong organisational and attention to detail capabilities. You’ll also have a work style that always demonstrates integrity and professionalism.
In return, we will provide volunteers with the following:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Access to technical sessions (exclusive of your work schedule)
- Access to conference presentations post-event
- Professional reference and recognition of conference attendance
*Please note; volunteers will be responsible for their own transport and accommodation before, during and after the conference. This includes flight and accommodation costs for those attending from interstate.
Applications will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 28 February 2020.
Please include responses to the following questions in your application:
- What is your area of study?
- Why would you like to attend this conference?
- Have you had any previous volunteer experience?
Should you have any further questions, please contact the AusIMM Events team email@example.com or call (03) 9658 6100